Cant connect to NAS on Mavericks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro early 2012running Mavericks,MacMini Core i7 running Mavericks: iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd Gen
I have been connecting to my NAS since Mavericks came out and now, all off a sudden, I cannot get it to connect.
I use Cmd K and enter the ip address as smb://192.168.0.32/
After ages, it askes me to sign in and after entering admin as user and my password, it goes on forever trying to connect then finally fails. Any help appreciated

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro early 2012running Mavericks,MacMini Core i7 running Mavericks: iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd Gen
Nas

Thanks but none of this helped
I had already tried it

I was running Mavericks since it was released and never had a problem until today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Safe to say you power cycled the NAS?

Does the Web UI of the NAS offer any logging info? Can you disable SMB and re-enable it on the NAS?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I had taken the power off for 30 Minutes or so
I cant sign in to see the logging info and I am not able to disable smb

I can log in on the Windows PC perfectly, so I know my user name and password are correct
I even did a full format and re installation of Mavericks but even that did not help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
By any chance did you change any of the NAS settings. Particularly the ones that allow what type of OS to login? Mine has the option to turn off windows or mac machines.. Ironicly is doesn't have the option to turn off Linux remote login, which is sorta silly. It runs on linux.. LOL

Also does your NAS have any special software used to help you setup your share drives? Mine uses software called NAS Navigator 2. Without it its a pain in the rear to login to on OSX..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.