Snow Leopard Installation Failure

Reaction score
Ill try keep this brief, but no promises!

Ive got a black macbook from about 2006, been working perfectly until very recently. The hard drive fried and so I replaced my old 120gb with a new 500gb.

First of all i put in the disks for OS X 10.5 (leopard I think) by accident, installed fine, everything fixed.
So next I put in the 10.6 disks to upgrade, and since then have had problems installing, its keeps giving me failure messages.
Im kinda stuck because I can't get the CD out to stick with 10.5, and i cant install 10.6 to use that.

I have run disk utility checks and no problems have been found, ive tried reformatting and tried multiple times to install 10.6

Basically I could use some advice to either get 10.6 installed, or get the cd out so i can just use 10.5

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Im kinda stuck because I can't get the CD out to stick with 10.5, and i cant install 10.6 to use that.
Basically I could use some advice to either get 10.6 installed, or get the cd out so i can just use 10.5

I have no idea what this means!

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry, rushed it slightly!

The snow leopard disk is in my macbook, and i cannot eject it. So I am looking for either a solution to the installation failing, or a way of ejecting the disk so that I can just install the older OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.