How many levels of admin access?

M

manny2008

What is the software used for the xServe remote management. Does it have different levels of access for admin, site admin and users??

Thank you
Manny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
It's called ARD Apple Remote Desktop.. at least that's the one that I use.. and you have access for your level as if you were on the machine itself. So whatever access you give to the user on the machine is the access level they will have when logging in through ARD.

OP
M

manny2008

Murlyn said:
It's called ARD Apple Remote Desktop.. at least that's the one that I use.. and you have access for your level as if you were on the machine itself. So whatever access you give to the user on the machine is the access level they will have when logging in through ARD.

Does every site admin and user have to use a Mac to connect to the server or can a PC also connect? What software does the PC user need?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well you can use timbuktu also, I think that's the name and PC and Macs can access the server through that.. Well anybody can connect, but that will ARD and Timbuktu will allow you to graphically connect to the server.. what exactly are you trying to do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.