Win full or upgrade

Reaction score
Jim, I have a real newbie question. I have had my Win 7 disk for some time, and don't remember if it is a full install or upgrade. On the disk it has the words, Upgrade, and under that "Includes Anytime upgrade"I have used this disk to re-install my system and was give the choice of Upgrade Or Full, so I assume it to be full install, know it sounds stupid, but I want to be sure as I need it for a program, (Parallel desktop 8), that requires a full install Win.7 and this does not seem to work, of course it could be something else, just trying to eliminate all problems. Thanks,
Jim

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the disk says upgrade then it's an upgrade edition. The only difference between an upgrade edition and full install edition is the full install does not require proof of a previous eligible Windows license. That's the reason why an upgrade edition can be used to do a full install provided a previous eligible edition is being upgraded. (Microsoft EULA)

You can buy an OEM full install edition of Windows 7 directly from Parallels while you're installing. It will be downloaded as an iso and installed at the same time to the VM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.