Trouble with iMac Connection to TV

Reaction score
I have all the proper cables (I think) to hook my iMac to my Samsung 42" LCD HDTV . I have an HDMI to DVI cable, and a dvi to mini dvi converter piece.I also bought an audio cable. I have all the cables hooked up in the proper spots but only background shows, my app bar at the bottom won't show, and none of my desktop files show up, and nothing else shows. Just the plain background. Can anyone help me out ?

OP
L
Reaction score
Help with iMAc to TV connection

I have all the proper cables (I think) to hook my iMac to my Samsung 42" LCD HDTV . I have an HDMI to DVI cable, and a dvi to mini dvi converter piece.I also bought an audio cable. I have all the cables hooked up in the proper spots but only background shows, my app bar at the bottom won't show, and none of my desktop files show up, and nothing else shows. Just the plain background. Can anyone help me out ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged crossposts

Reaction score
system preferences -> displays -> arrangements
sound like your second monitor is arranged to the right.

if u want the tv to display the same thing as your computer click on "mirror display"

all set :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.