OS Mtn Lion - Mail App - Delete Account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello All - new users to OS Mtn Lion - I'm on a r-MBP for 6 wks; wife on an iMac for less than a month (also Mtn Lion).

I'm using the Mail App w/o a problem, but signed her into the Mail App on the iMac which she disliked and wanted to return to using her Yahoo account web-based on Safari - I tried to delete her account on Mail but it keeps coming back - am I missing something simple or is this just a feature of this app that is elusive? Thanks - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Should just be a case of opening Mail, Preferences, Accounts. select the mail account and hit the - (minus) at the bottom of the window to delete the account

OP
RadDave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Should just be a case of opening Mail, Preferences, Accounts. select the mail account and hit the - (minus) at the bottom of the window to delete the account

Thanks mrplow - thought that I could just 'shut off' the features, but I just deleted the account which should work as you state - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.