Beatles available on iTunes, so why can't i get album art?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
I am the proud owner of The Beatles Mono box set that has been uploaded to my iTunes, however now that their music is finally available from the iTunes store I am still unable to get the album artwork I have been so desperately wanting. Any other Beatles fans still lacking the covers, or have you had better luck that I have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Where have you looked? There are loads of sites that you can download covers from.

Here's just one, I even searched the covers for you.

Can see what your saying Kev, but shouldnt the OP be getting them from iTunes when they dl a album. I have with the music i have purchased from there without sourcing it from elsewhere ?? Just saying

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can see what your saying Kev, but shouldnt the OP be getting them from iTunes when they dl a album. I have with the music i have purchased from there without sourcing it from elsewhere ?? Just saying

I would think so anyway. Unless since they just added the Beatles maybe all the art is not there as yet. Just a guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I would think so anyway. Unless since they just added the Beatles maybe all the art is not there as yet. Just a guess.

Do you really think Steve would have gone into this half hearted, and considering this was one Not to forget ??
Cant find anyone else having Beatles Artwork problems ....

@OP have you gone to the *Advance* tab then Get album Artwork ?? I really cant see that Steve would have left the Artwork out after the time it has taken to finally get them on there ...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The issue is that the op has the physical box set - not purchased from iTunes. It very well could be something in the agreement to get the music, that iTunes is not allowed to provide the artwork unless purchased from there.

The links Kev provided should do the trick and if not, I get a lot of mine via drag and drop from Amazon. Almost positive that's where I got the cover art for the White album.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The issue is that the op has the physical box set - not purchased from iTunes. It very well could be something in the agreement to get the music, that iTunes is not allowed to provide the artwork unless purchased from there.

The links Kev provided should do the trick and if not, I get a lot of mine via drag and drop from Amazon. Almost positive that's where I got the cover art for the White album.

Ahh now i understand ... That box set isnt on iTunes at all then ?? now i can see why :(

EDIT : BTW the 1st link Kev supplied i get a *Safari cannot connect to the server* error

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yeah, they've got the complete works box set there. It is also possible that they just haven't gotten around to linking the artwork to make it available to those with the physical media yet.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yeah, they've got the complete works box set there. It is also possible that they just haven't gotten around to linking the artwork to make it available to those with the physical media yet.

That is what I was thinking and saying BTW. There have been a very few times when I downloaded (From iTunes) a new song by a just added group where the cover art did not show even clicking download cover art.

Plus he has the boxed set not from Apple. Time will tell I guess.

C

chas_m

No, I don't think (as in, this is my OPINION) that the problem is that iTunes isn't allowing the album art. That would be a huge change in policy and someone would have reported on it by now.

I think the problem is that wilmealh4 owns the MONO box set, which is a different beast than the STEREO box set, and as far as I can see, Apple doesn't sell the mono releases, so it doesn't "know" the version he has.

Computers can be stupid sometimes.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
ok i figured the problem and how to change it, but i need a little help...
if i go to Music>iTunes>iTunes Music>The Beatles the albums are all named "album name [2009 mono remaster]", if I change the album folder names i'll be able to get the artwork but I cannot figure out how to change this.
For example if I change "Help! [2009 mono remaster]" to simply "Help!" i should be good to go. Yall know how to do this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You should be able to change all the tag info required for the album art in iTunes. Selects the song and go to Get Info. You don't have to do this song by song - you can select all the songs in an album and change it that way.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Works like a charm. Nice to have this resolved. Thanks vansmith.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.