battery not lasting after software install

Reaction score
hay all

im only new here but i have a queston.

I have a macbook pro "13" and i just install kaspersky 2010 for mac and forever save on my mac, now befor i install these programes my battery would last about 10 hours, just enough battery for uni classes. But now the battery only last about 5 to 6 hours. Now kno that is not right is there anything i could do to fix this or is this just something that happens to the battery after installing programes.

Thanks in advaince
Zaneman1 :[ :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Uninstall Kaspersky. Make sure you use it's uninstaller - don't go just dragging it to the trash. Then, if you must have an a/v installed due to your schools rules, give ClamXav a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
...or is this just something that happens to the battery after installing programes.
Short answer no. Installing programs does not automatically reduce battery life. Using programs is what drains batteries.

Kaspersky is probably doing a lot of stuff in the background which will drain battery life. Follow bobtomay's advice if you really need an antivirus on your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.