How to report bug?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
Does anyone know how to report bugs in applications to Apple? Just got a new iMac and have been using iCal but have noticed a lot little bigs in it that make it annoying, was just wondering how to report these to Apple for maybe an update with a fix? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why don't you post those "annoyances" here? Perhaps what you think are bugs may in fact not be bugs but something we can help you with.

Regards.

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
some of the problems include when dragging events to the trash, they just don't go off the calendar until you have to quit iCal and reopen but other times they delete fine. Sometimes when you double click in a date, a new event tab will open to enter something but other times it will just change the view from month to day. There are a few other small things and I'm pretty sure these are bugs. They are just little annoyances that just make it not as quick as it could and I know these aren't hard to fix by just quitting and reopening but they shouldn't be in there at all.

C

chas_m

some of the problems include when dragging events to the trash, they just don't go off the calendar until you have to quit iCal and reopen but other times they delete fine.

Is there some particular reason you don't just select the event and press the delete key?

(FWIW, when I drag an event to the trash it behaves as I expect and the event is deleted immediately, no need to refresh)

Sometimes when you double click in a date, a new event tab will open to enter something but other times it will just change the view from month to day.

I have seen this one myself. Are you up-to-date system wise? I haven't noticed it lately and just presumed Apple has fixed that bug.

There are a few other small things and I'm pretty sure these are bugs. They are just little annoyances that just make it not as quick as it could and I know these aren't hard to fix by just quitting and reopening but they shouldn't be in there at all.

Unlike some of the other programs Apple makes, iCal does not have a dedicated feedback menu option. However, Apple makes a feedback page for all of their products, so the iCal page is here: Apple - iCal - Feedback

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.