iMac takes about 10 attempts to power on.

Reaction score
My Imac 20" G4 1.25Ghz was taking 10 attempts to turn on. Now I can't get it to power on at all. I opened the bottom and pushed the Reset PMU button once and it still didn't do anything. Does anybody have any ideas?

Reaction score
Perhaps it's a broken contact or something like that. I hope reparing doens't cost you an arm and a leg.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
My Imac 20" G4 1.25Ghz was taking 10 attempts to turn on. Now I can't get it to power on at all.

This reads like it's a power supply unit (psu) failure, possibly bad RAM. Are you in a position to test the psu with a multimeter? You really need to know how to open up your iMac, and which contacts to put the probes on to while your Mac is connected to a power supply. Wear medical rubber gloves while you're at it.

Second - have you tried a different power cord? May seem simplistic, but sometimes the simple solutions are the best ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.