Desktop icons keep disappearing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in 2.53GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 250GB HDD and a turbocharger
Most of the time when I turn on my MBP, the Macintosh HD icon moves way up in the top left corner so u can only see the last few letters. Sometimes all icons on my desktop are moved up there and I have to put them back. Well today I turned on my Mac and everything was gone. I checked my Finder preferences and everything looks fine. I couldn't figure out how to get them back so I just restarted my Mac and everything was fine. Why does this keep happening? I looked in finder when everything went missing, but all of the documents that should be on the desktop showed up in the desktop section in finder... This started happening after I installed Snow Leopard btw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
I’m not positive, but the icons might be getting disorganized. With the desktop active, select View → Show View Options (or press ⌘J) and then select Arrange by: Snap to Grid. If the icons get out of whack again, select View → Clean Up, and they should move back into their proper places.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.