New to mac, have boot camp questions?

Reaction score
Hi guys i just recently purchesed my first mac the other day. I have been reading about boot camp to run windows on a mac but i have a few questions regaurding this. Ill start with the first one...Does running windows in make upon up my computer to viruses and such? This is my main question because the whole reason i switched from pc to mac was to avoid all the slowdowns and viruses that came with having a windows based computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
When you install windows, via bootcamp or as a virtual machine with Fusion or Parallels, the Windows installation is susceptible to the same viruses on what-not as any installation of Windows. The Windows viruses will not, however, affect The Mac OS. You will need to run virus protection on the Windows installation just like you would on a regular PC running Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.