Utility to edit Windows Registry from Mac side?

Reaction score
Hey guys! I need to edit the windows registry from the mac side, does anyone know of a way/utility to do this?

edit: It's a windows partition I've installed using BootCamp.

Malware forked the booting process, so I need to get into the registry to clean some things up.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Don't believe it is possible from outside of Windows and most definitely not a Mac..

You might want to use your Windows CD and boot from it, ask it to repair your installation and it might hopefully fix up the registry..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
First, how far along in the boot process can you get?

If you cant get to the splash screen, you may need to boot with the Win CD and boot into the Safe Mode, clear the malware, then try running normally.

If you cant get to the Splash Screen, I can pretty much say editing the registry wont help you. Go ahead and try and get the date and start over.

Next time, pay attention to all boxes that pop up when surfing...

OP
Z
Reaction score
Tried booting from the Windows installation disc, using the recovery console, and replacing the registry files with the ones created upon OS installation. No dice, though!

Was forced to reformat and reinstall windows. Bit of a bummer, but I was able to save most of the important stuff before hand from the Mac side.

As a preventative measure, spybot was the first program I installed after drivers this time around.

Thanks for the responses, guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
No one scanner will keep you protected. When I actually ran scanners on my Win7 box, I ran AVG Free, and only scanned with the portableapps.com version Spybot once a week or so, I did not have it running all the time. My Win7 Bootcamp only runs with Windows Defender (included w/ Win7).

Of course, I paid (and pay) attention to the sites I went to and any popups that came up.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you are running Spybot's Teatimer, that'll at least getting it asking you when anything wants to make a change to the registry.

That's the first thing I set up on the peoples machines that are in a habit of bringing me virus/malware infected machines to fix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.