Hey, I made the switch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hey,

I'm a new MacBook user and also new to the boards so 'Hi'.

I made the switch a couple of weeks ago and i'm loving it, to be honest Apple weren't lying when they said 'It Just Works';D

I have a question though:

I downloaded Messenger for Mac and Flip 4 Mac because i needed them. However, when i shut the MacBook down and re boot, I have to go into finder and applications and start them up from there.

Is there anyway to install them so they load on start up?

Thanks for your time.
Mike.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Got a feeling someone is going to get here faster :p

But go into applications and drag them from there into your Applications Dock, then when they are in the Dock, right click them and select Open at Login.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Congrats on your new Mac Mike! One more little tidbit I found on auto-running applications:

You can also do it by going into System Preferences and clicking on Accounts. Select your account on the left and then switch to the Login Items tab. From there you can add any application without having to put it in your Dock bar - and you can mark that it will be hidden as soon as it loads.

OP
iMike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Thanks guys.

All fixed now.

Still can't get over why i didn't make the switch sooner! :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Glad you are happy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.