Help with system commands?

Reaction score
Hey all, thanks for the replies in advance.

Sidenote before I begin: While my end goal does with software, the basis of my problem deals with hardware.

So, I wanted to run the game Minecraft from a flashdrive. Ive successfully done this for the Windows side, but got stuck when I was trying to do the Mac side (as there are no tutorials for how to play the game from a flashdrive, just how to move the save files).

For Windows, you have to have a bin and data folder in the flashdrive along with a batch file that follows the command:
"set APPDATA=%CD%\data
bin\minecraft.exe"

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a Mac equivalent to this code and the batch file itself. Not sure if using Terminal would do the trick since I believe I would have to create the link every time I use a different Mac (compared to the windows version where I just click the bat file and the game will open; if I click on the icon to the app, the directory isn't set to the flashdrive. Hence the use for the batch file.) Any tips/guides?

I apologize for any possible confusion in my wording. Feel free to ask and Ill respond ASAP.

Much thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.