Powering on my iMac

Reaction score
I moved recently to a new house and I repacked my iMac in its orginal packaging and when I unpacked it and put it on my desk and went to power it on I got nothing. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

Does the power socket you are plugging into work? Can you plug something else in and confirm that it works? Also is it tied to a switch by any chance?

OP
A
Reaction score
I have plugged other things into it and they all have worked. I don't think it is tied to a switch.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about providing us with some information about your iMac? Year and model? Version of OS X?

Some things to check... make sure the power cord is snugly in and not damaged. Check the power button to make sure it's not depressed in or damaged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
I had this issue and fixed it with SMC reset

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.