Keeping Google Maps data loaded into ipod touch?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been using triangulation on Google Maps a lot in Madrid, Spain to find my way around at night. However I can't seem to figure out a way to keep data for the entire city loaded into the iPod touch. The only way I can do it is by viewing a certain area before I go out, with wireless internet connected. Then the general area will be viewable later on when I'm looking around that pre-loaded area. But is it possible to load the entire city of Madrid so that once triangulation finds my location it's not just a blank grey screen with a blue dot? ie, I want to download the entire city of Madrid so that the streets will appear once triangulation finds me wherever I am. Thanks!

-Alex

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not possible in the current application. The maps application will load the appropriate map info over the cellular or wifi networks as needed..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.