Starting over, and I'm confused.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook, 80G iPod Classic
My hard drive recently died and I got my MacBook back with a new one today. I'm trying to transfer everything from my external onto here, but I'm having a problem. When I try to open older folders/photos from my external with iPhoto, I get a message that basically says I don't have the latest version of iPhoto and that the photos I'm trying to open were last used on version 8. This is where I get confused.

I started looking up screen shots of iLife '08, and they all look familiar (iPhoto, iMovie HD). I'm pretty sure I was using '08 before my HD died, and now with this new one, it's not here. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm confused! What do I do? I can't remember if I ever purchased iLife '08, I think it came with my machine when I bought it last September.

(P.S. I'm running on Tiger 10.4.11.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
iLife '08 won't have been on the Tiger disks you installed with, which is why you don't have it now. You'll need to buy a copy if you don't have the disks for it.

You could still just move the files onto your new hard drive though.

OP
mayette
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook, 80G iPod Classic
It actually did come on my install discs, so everything's fine now. Thanks, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.