Who is more beautiful? Tiger vs Leopard

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White
And please explain why =]

I'd say Tiger, the new Leopard look is too dark and the semi-transparent bar is awful, I hate it, doesn't fit any wallpaper and if you put too noisy wallpaper you can't see it baahh, oh and I prefer the brushed look instead of the smooth gray, the dock is ok though.

:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Leopard. The better changes overrule the few ugly things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Leopard - the dock, cover flow, shadows, unified look and time machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I love the way that the right-click menus look. The blue color is so much more vibrant.

One thing that I'm thrilled about is the new view for background settings. I used to hate the fact that when the screensaver was on, the pictures would be fit to the screen, and any left over space was black -- BUT they didn't have this choice for the background. Now, they do.. And I'm happy. :)

I wasn't sure that I'd like the dock because I had been using the Clear Dock app in Tiger and wasn't looking forward to having that milky color again.. but I've found myself not even hiding the dock. I like the 3D look.

And.. I like the transparency of the toolbar at the top.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
why does everyone hate the transparent menu bar? That was like, the only reason I bought shapshifter so I could have it all transparent. You guys are crazy its so much better

i hate the dock but i like the glowing dots for open apps instead of the triangle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Tiger because it doesnt cause your mac to lock up all the time and lose its airport card functionality. Leopard would look nice if only I could see it or do anything useful with it. Reverted to Tiger just to be able to use my Mac again. Thanks Apple. Shoulda waited for 10.5.1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Leopard seems more "beautiful," but the beauty is only skin deep. The translucent menu bar and darker colors only make things that much less clear and readable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I vote for Leopard as well. I like the new icons, and the menus are clear to read. I also like the transparent menu and dock, although I agree Apple should have given people the option if they want it on/off.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
why does everyone hate the transparent menu bar? That was like, the only reason I bought shapshifter so I could have it all transparent. You guys are crazy its so much better

i hate the dock but i like the glowing dots for open apps instead of the triangle

I'm with ambi on this one. Was using Shapeshifter and cleardock to achieve the same thing.

I have over 100 nature scenes that my background goes through, changing every 15 minutes and have not had one that made the menu bar hard enough to read that I'd be willing to give up this feature.

As we've already seen in another thread, it is not that hard to change the appearance of the dock. There will surely be some developers coming out with software for the dock and the menu bar to auto set them just the way you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.