Battery says Not Charging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
I just noticed my battery says Not Charging and when I unplug the Magsafe connector my external display shuts off and the computer goes to sleep. Any ideas? The connector also shows green on the LED. The charge says its at 95%, it was at 100% this morning.

With the Macbook open thought and my external display as my primary when I unplug the connector it doesn't go to sleep. I don't know whats going on lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I just noticed my battery says Not Charging and when I unplug the Magsafe connector my external display shuts off and the computer goes to sleep. Any ideas? The connector also shows green on the LED. The charge says its at 95%, it was at 100% this morning.

With the Macbook open thought and my external display as my primary when I unplug the connector it doesn't go to sleep. I don't know whats going on lol

Have a look here, http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99794, sounds similar.

OP
tmorgan1689
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
Problems gone now, still have no idea what it was. I think its designed to go to sleep when the connector is unplugged and the laptop is closed. Back to 100% now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HHD, Dual-Boot Windows XP SP2
Same here...

I had the same thing, it said "Not Charging" and the thing was green even though my battery was only at %90. I unplugged and replugged it in and the light went amber and it said [~} (0:11) I have a macbook black 2.4ghz 2gb 250gb hdd.

Hope this helps a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.