Searches not working

Reaction score
I have an iMac with 10.5.5 and it seems since last update neither Spotlight nor COM-F search properly. Even when I enter the exact name of a jpeg file on the desktop COM-F can't find it. Used to work fine. I've posted at other similar forums but so far no reponses at all. I did Repair Disk Premissions twice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I have noticed this and it also applies to network volume searches. It always defaults to the host computer and ignores the other volumes available. To search within a volume, I found I had to be inside that volume and do the search then. It would default to the user HD but the outside volume you wanted searched was listed at the top of the open window. Re touching the desired volume got me the search in the correct volume I was looking for. Something is fubared and it has to do with preferences and permissions I would bet but move on and work around it. Maybe 10.5.7 or 8 might have it fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.