Scratched Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
I have a white macbook and it has some ugly surface scratches on the outer casing. I understand this is normal. The scatches are only visible under certain angles of light reflextion, however, since a damp cloth won't get rid of them, I figured I'd ask if anyone knew of a method to remove them without harming the outer casing. Some sort of scratch remover or something.

They arn't deep, just very light surface scratches, I'd like to have my macbook shine like new again if possible.

Reaction score
Guaranteed to remove the scratches off any Macbook:

thumb_48058.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Ba Da Bing, you are looking for something called ice cream

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
I have tried Ice Cream.. and if you don't have an extra 3 hours to sit there scrubbing it into your computer, then it isn't going to work. I have spent a lot of time with it and my computer looks exactly the same as it did before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
Brasso Liquid:

brasso.jpg

Worked for me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
monkey_cigar2.jpg

I use monkey with a cigar!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
I have tried Ice Cream.. and if you don't have an extra 3 hours to sit there scrubbing it into your computer, then it isn't going to work. I have spent a lot of time with it and my computer looks exactly the same as it did before.

I checked out the website, it sounds like just the thing I was looking for. However, if you've tried it to no avail on your macbook than I won't go for it.
Has anyone else had any luck with "icecream"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
I wasn't joking about the Brasso liquid.

Not sure if it's available in the US though?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.