eBay browsing issues with Safari

Reaction score
eBay seems to have some issues with Safari. Specifically, if I do a search and click on an item, then try to use the back button to get back to my search, it takes me to the top of the page. The second time I push the back button, it will go back to the search page just fine. Is this a setting I can change? Why the need for pushing back twice?
eBay seems to suck with any browser other than IE, even on a PC, but after my Vista frustrations, I am ready to make a clean switch.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Doesn't FireFox have an eBay plug in? How about here.

Just wondering if that might help rather than keep pushing the back button in Safari.

Regards.

Reaction score
eBay seems to have some issues with Safari. Specifically, if I do a search and click on an item, then try to use the back button to get back to my search, it takes me to the top of the page. The second time I push the back button, it will go back to the search page just fine. Is this a setting I can change? Why the need for pushing back twice?
eBay seems to suck with any browser other than IE, even on a PC, but after my Vista frustrations, I am ready to make a clean switch.

I just tried to do what you did, and yes, Safari made me hit the back button twice to go to the previous page.

I did the same exact thing in Firefox but it worked as expected, I went back to the previous page with one click of the back button.

I couldnt find a setting in Safari to change what would cause it to do that.

Maybe try Firefox. It works like I want it to.

Another thing I do (which works in any browser I think), is to "right click" on the page and a dialog box comes up that gives you the option of going "back" or "forward". It's easier than dragging the mouse up to the the left corner of the window to hit "back".

OP
S
Reaction score
I use the three finger swipe on the track pad, so going back isn't a big deal, it's just a harassment to have to do it twice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Or click the "go back to search results" tab on the top left ebay page you are looking at. It takes you back to where you were.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.