iMac CPU Fan Problem

Reaction score
Ok, for the past week or so my cpu fan goes over 3000 RPMs for no reason randomly. Ive tried resetting the SMC 2 times but im not sure if im doing it right. I have a brand new imac that i bought from apple 2 months ago. So to reset the SMC i Forced Quit All apps. then pressed Control - Command And hit the power button in the back to restart but that just put it in sleep so i restarted from the apple menu. then when it started back up again i held the power button for 10 seconds. Am i doing sumthing wrong is it not the smc thats wrong? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Maybe it's not random and your machine is upping the speed when it needs to in order to cool itself down.

Try unistalling SMC and seeing what happens. It's a completely unnecessary program in my opinion anyway.

OP
H
Reaction score
Maybe it's not random and your machine is upping the speed when it needs to in order to cool itself down.

Try unistalling SMC and seeing what happens. It's a completely unnecessary program in my opinion anyway.

I dont have SMCfancontrol Every Mac Has SMC tho

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.