Windows Xp Pro x64

Reaction score
First off i would like too thank everyone that replies to my post.i am pondering a copy of windows. I cant really say much for vista. Im not going to point fingers and call names but we will just say its not all there. I have been running a 30day trial of Vista Ultimate. My question is if i buy the full version of Xp pro X64 am i going to have any issues. By the way the vist has been working perfect not one problem. MBP 2.5 2gb ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I would suggest sticking with the 32-bit version simply because the 64-bit version of XP has some shoddy driver support. The 64-bit version of Vista is a bit better, but it is still by no means as well supported as the 32-bit version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
When I first was looking to install Bootcamp someone pointed out that the drives Apple supplies are only for use in the 32bit version of XP. I don't know if that's changed or not, but that would be something to look into before purchasing it.

Reaction score
I would search the forum. I recall folks having issues with XP64 but not with XP32.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I use XP Home because the XP64 is a bit shaky compared to the 32-bit. I'm not even sure you'd need XP Pro, most people don't. If you do, I'd stick with the 32-bit version. If not, save a bit of cash and get XP Home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
The Boot Camp Installation and Setup manual states: "Important: You must use a single full-install Windows installation disc (Service Pack 2 is required for Windows XP installations). Do not use an upgrade version of Windows and do not install an earlier version of Windows XP and attempt to update it later to SP2. Use only 32-bit versions of Windows."

So believe I'd stay away from a 64bit version of Windows for Boot Cam.

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.