Trouble Printing Multiple Images with a Black Background

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have managed to find answers to mac problems in the past from the knowledgable people on this forum but have finally hit a wall...

I have been asked by a colleague to print 8 b&w photographs onto a sheet of A2 paper with a black background and happily agreed as I have formally considered myself fairly tech savvy and thought "how hard can that be?" but have now realised that this is harder than expected.

The contact sheet option in iPhoto splits the pictures onto two pages when I select the column width of "2" so that is no good.

I have an iMac with iphoto '09, Photoshop CS4 & CS5 and an Epson 3880 pro printer with the Epson Print plug-in (this can create the two columns but no background colour change option).

Can any of you kind people offer advice or is my best best to create a new photoshop file and manually create the template?

Thank you for reading :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
Photoshop also has a contact sheet option, it's under File-automate

OP
R
Reaction score

Hi Chris, thanks for the response. I have looked at both CS4 and CS5 and there is no contact sheet option under File > Automate. Is this perhaps a plug in that I should download?

OP
R
Reaction score

Ah-ha! So using the "Output" section of Bridge has contact sheets to make PDFs! Excellent. Thank you very much for the response. I have never even looked at the Output section in bridge and it seems that there is a lot of useful functionality there.

Thank you (both Chris and Vansmith) for your insights. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.