BOOTCAMP with MacBook Pro "Disk Error Press Any Key To Restart" HELP?

Reaction score
Okay so this has been giving me problems for the past hour or two..

I just did a fresh install of Mac OSX 10.5.8 Leopard, and started bootcamp. I have a brand new copy of Windows XP Professional with SP2 so that shouldn't be a problem..

Well, I get all the way to windows being installed and it restarting, but once it restarts it says "Press any key to boot from CD" then four seconds later "Disk error, press any key to restart."

Obviously any key doesn't work.

Now I am aware that this is a formatting error. It should be formatting with NTFS but instead it formats with FAT32 and does NOT give me that option to change the formatting process.

I can't really go out and get another copy of XP, because let's face it. This isn't cheap stuff we're dealing with.

If you have a solution, it's well appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, let's move this to the appropriate forum.

The formatting shouldn't matter as XP can exist on either a FAT-32 or NTFS partition. And, if you created a partition that was 32 GB or larger with Boot Camp, you have no other choice but to use NTFS.

You didn't provide us with any other details - like how large a partition you created with BC and whether or not your copy of XP SP2 is either a MS boxed full install version or an OEM system builders full install version.

For now, the only advice I can give you is to start over and try again.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.