2 Macs, 1 Printer - one print job successful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New "unibody" macbook pro 2.4Ghz, 250 SSD, 4GbDDR3 RAM; Mac OS X Leopard, Parallels (Vista Ult, XP)
Hey guys...have a bit of a strange problem. I have two macbooks at the office. I also have 5 Windows systems...all running in my (relatively small) office. Needless to say...I certainly don't need a little portable heater, unlike most folks at my job.
Anyway...that's a whole different issue. The problem I'm having is this. I have an HP Officejet 5610 connected to and shared out on one of my Windows (XP) desktops. It's not listed in the directory (AD), but I have granted myself (the local admin of the XP box) permission to the shared printer.
My specific problem is that of my two Macbooks (both running the latest version of OS 10.7 (Lion). They're both bound to the domain (not that this should matter given that I'm using local admin credentials to print to it) Either way, their configurations are just about identical. Logging in with the same user account...applications running on both are pretty standard to our corporate build...and both have had a generic HP Mac driver installed. My 13" Pro can print to it no problem. I installed the driver, browsed for the printer on the network (Windows Print), connected to it, entered the XP box local admin creds, and when I send a print job, it goes right through. With my MB Pro 15", also logged in with my domain creds, I installed the same exact driver, connected the same way, entered the same local admin creds, and when I print, it appears to go through. Problem is, with this second Mac, it never completes. It will say something like, "waiting to print". It accepts my creds when prompted...but the job just never completes. It will actually sit there all day if I leave it. But nothing. It's the strangest thing, because everything is the same between the two Macbooks. Only one will print, the other won't. I'd like to try to re-install the driver...which I've done....but I don't know how to go about removing it first. I'm wondering if I can completely remove the driver (on the bad Mac), and re-install it, maybe I'll have some luck.

Any idea on how to remove this driver from my system completely? Any other suggestions would certainly be welcome as well.

I appreciate your time, and look forward to your replies.

Thanks,
Todd M.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.