MacPro with recent Mountain Lion install

Reaction score
Hello, forum

I recently installed the Mountain Lion software. Now I am un able to access a folder that was on my desktop which usually involved the following key stroke (command+shift+g). Now this was the only way I knew how to access this folder and now it doesn't work. Anyone have any suggestions? Nothing else on my hard drive was deleted so I do not know why only this folder would be deleted. Thanks for any input/advice.

Best,
Carlos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Tell us about this folder? What format or operating system was it created under and any chance it is an older PowerPC application? ML will not run older PowerPC applications as Rosetta faded out with Snow Leopard OS X.6.

C

chas_m

Now I am un able to access a folder that was on my desktop which usually involved the following key stroke (command+shift+g).

If the folder was on your desktop, why didn't you just point and double-click on it? Where did you move it to? What folder was it and what did it contain?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.