PS3 Remote App

Reaction score
I feel like this should be entirely possible, but I have only been able to find an app to control the PS3 (Playstation3) using a jailbroken iPod/iPhone. Is there one available that I am unaware of? There may be some limitation that I wouldn't have thought of, but I was hoping other people could possibly help fill me in on this. I have been surprised at the general lack of bluetooth remotes also since I would think that would be a nice touch at times. Does anyone have any more information on this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
I don't think there's a PS3 remote app and I wouldn't expect one anytime soon. Sony and Apple are competitors with the iPhone and PSP/PS Vita.

I've looked for one too. :(

This is the one time you could officially say "There's no app for that".

Reaction score
I don't see it every happening, Sony want you to buy a psp and the iphone is a direct competitor.

OP
S
Reaction score
So, is no one allowed to develop an app that would possibly work with the PS3 because Sony won't develop one? I am not sure how exactly that works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
I guess not or otherwise we'd probably have a PS3 remote app by now. There are after all numerous other remote control apps. I don't know much about developing iOS apps but apple still might block access to the Bluetooth IPO's on the iPhone or the PS3 might have a Bluetooth gate address that only Sony knows.

Bottom line, I'm sure there's a reason we haven't seen one yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.