itunes keeps crashing my PC

Reaction score
i'm sorry, i had no idea where to post this and dunno if this forum is even FOR me since i'm currently operating on a PC.

Does anyone know anything about why whenever I have itunes on, and am doing more than one thing on it (ie, deleting music while playing a song, or importing music while editing song names, etc) my computer always shuts down in the middle.

I know Windows sucks CHEERLEADERS, but my MBP was stolen and I don't have the $$ to replace it yet and I'm stuck with a PC. It's not the processing speed or RAM or anything, i've got 9GB RAM and 3.+ghz processor. Also about 550gb free space on a 1T harddrive.

I'm running itunes 10.1.1.4 on Windows 7 Professional version.

Thanks if you can help. :\

Reaction score
Are you running Windows 7 Professional 32 or 64 Bit? Because I know there's an option for Windows 64 bit iTunes and if you downloaded that and are only running 32 bit it could be a problem. The best advice I can give you is go back in time and get lojack for your MBP.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Also make sure you have all the current updates for Win 7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.