WEP Madness!

Reaction score
ok so i recently got paranoid and wanted to put a WEP password on my wireless connection but i cant for the life of me figure out where im supposed to change the settings so that i can use the password.

sigh.

help pleeeaaaassse?

thankss.

Reaction score
depends on the hardware, but usually it's in the router/access point's setup screen. On an Airport Extreme or Express, you access that through the Admin Utility -- I'm not on my Mac right now, but I believe it's on the first screen, upper right where you can set the security level (WEP, WPA1, WPA2, etc.).

You then have to set it on the receiving computers as well through the Network Connections screen (you type in the password for the connection) for Airport systems. Non-apple receivers would likewise have a password entry point when you select which network you want to access.

Reaction score
you should be able to access the router utility by accessing the router through its IP address (something like 192.168.1.0). Otherwise, go to Netgear's site and find the manual for your router.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.