Connecting Mac to a wired router.

Reaction score
Hey!

Ive been trying to get wireless running for a couple of days and ive got to the point where i have set up a Edimax AR7084A wired router (Not a wireless router) and i have connected my laptop through it and its working fine. Problem is that now i cannot get the internet on the mac. Ive got it hooked up exactly the same way as my laptop (i.e via ethernet cable running from the wired router to the port on the back)
Im completely out of ideas, particularly as all the mac seems to want to do is dial out instead of actually finding the router.

Im probably missing something really simple but i have literally no experience with macs before this. If you need any information im happy to share, and i really appreciate the help.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Have you looked in System Preferences under "Network" on your Mac?
Are you referring to a desktop or a notebook when you say "Mac"?

OP
C
Reaction score
Haha good point.
Sorry referring to a desktop. and yeah ive looked under preferences and everything obvious, just getting stuck when i get to the network program..

If that makes annnyyy sense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.