17 year old kid unlocks iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I was watching CNBC and they brought up the apple stock start and the chart is going up faster then a rocket. A 17 year old kid in New Jersey has unlocked the iphone to work with TMobile and the kid has confirmed it. Apple and AT&T have been contacted for a comment but have not yet responded.

I could not find this story on the internet yet, but when it does I will post it, or if you find it first please provide a link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
All the Euro folks who bought one and had it shipped when it first debuted will finally be able to use the (until now) $600+ brick they bought. Of course, the Euro version will be out soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
sweet this made my day 100 times better since ive been dreaming for the iphone to go to my provider tmobile. now its possible. sweet :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
...and when the next Apple Firmware update locks it, and locks you out of AT&T, enjoy your brick...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
slick! Finally I can get it and be the first one in India to have an iPhone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
I didn't know about the fully software based unlock. I'm much more impressed with that. It'll be REAL interesting to see what they charge for the software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
...and when the next Apple Firmware update locks it, and locks you out of AT&T, enjoy your brick...
Exactly. Why dont people just wait for a better phone? Or possibly just go with the Meizu M8 (which is really nice ;D ).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Exactly. Why dont people just wait for a better phone? Or possibly just go with the Meizu M8 (which is really nice ;D ).

If/when they ever release the thing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube

The entire point of the iPhone is the user interface - that's the thing that makes it different than everyone else. We've had touchscreens available for like 10 years, but no one except Apple has made this big of a splash since then. The iPhone is easy to use. People LOVE convenience - the more convenient it is, the more likely you will be to use it, which means the more likely you are to buy it. Just look at McDonalds - over 90 billion served and billions upon billions of dollars in profit made - all because they are convenient. If Windows would make their software, especially their mobile software, easier to use (not to mention more stable), then I'm sure people would be all over them as well. My previous phone was a Motorola Q running the Windows smartphone software (5.0 I think). I can't tell you what a pain it was to do anything. Same with Treos, Axims, and everything else. Convenience and "easy" sell, that's why people are willing to pay $600 for a phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I love the Maddox iPhone review. He's awesome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
HAHA this guys is selling the unlocked iphone for $2,750.

Its at $10,000,000 + right now!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Apparently the Engadget one is different than the 17-year-old kid's hack - the one from Engadget is all software-based plus the SIM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
It is KaidoMac

There are now 2 companies claiming to have a SOFTWARE ONLY hack.

The 17 year old kid's was both a software & hardware hack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
And the obvious legal battle ensues... how did these companies not see this coming? *rolls eyes*

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/08/25/iphone.unlock.firm.threat/

They (those that were able to write the unlock software) are just eager to get paid... and deservingly so IMO... I don't think AT&T has a case at all.... They are just having their lawyers call to scare the "little" guys into stalling or rethinking the release. Apple can surely issue an update that would disable the unlock... but those with the unlock would simply avoid the update.

Reaction score
After hearing about this on Digg the other day it was the 1st time I thought about getting an iPhone. Apple must be really happy and AT&T must be really PO'd.

Should be fun to see how this plays out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.