Newbie DVD Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" Quad i7, MacMini Quad i7 , 16gb ram on both. IPad 4th Gen. IPhone 4S
Hi All,

Powerbook G4 800mhz - OS 10.3

The DVD reader in my Powerbook G4 reads DVD's from vendors like MacAddict or even my Linux magazines DVD's just fine, but the DVD's I burn on Windows machine, the Powerbook spits them back out. The DVD's I have are DVD +R , is that compatable with Mac's?

Thanks

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
they are compatible, but what app on the pc are you burning them in, are they video dvds? what format?

OP
gunnerjoe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" Quad i7, MacMini Quad i7 , 16gb ram on both. IPad 4th Gen. IPhone 4S
Macman said:
they are compatible, but what app on the pc are you burning them in, are they video dvds? what format?

Just data DVD's. Burning with Roxio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
there should be an option somewhere to burn a mac compatible data disc, either in preferences, or in the window where you select data.

OP
gunnerjoe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll look, thanks.

OP
gunnerjoe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, I checked the Windows XP Roxio help and found nothing about Mac compatability. I bought some DVD -R disks and burnt a data dvd with those and the Powerbook likes those just fine. So I don't know why the DVD +R are not working or if there is some setting I could change to make them work, but the DVD -R work just fine.

Next I plugged in the my external Plextor DVD burner into the Powerbook and put the DVD +R in that and OS X reads it just fine from the Plextor. So, it appears that the built in Powerbook DVD reader just can't handle the DVD +R disk for what ever reason.

Thanks

Joe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.