Anonymous Surfing On My Mac?

Reaction score
I would like to surf Anonymous on my MacBook because many sites are blocked on my school, someone knows a program or something? I would like to unblock applications like LimeWire... :D

Reaction score
Well,
if some applications (or the ports they are using) are blocked by your school's policy, there is probably a reason for that.

If I were you, I would try to break the network rules especially to use p2p. I could get fired quicker than you think.

Tex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
I would like to surf Anonymous on my MacBook because many sites are blocked on my school, someone knows a program or something? I would like to unblock applications like LimeWire... :D

I work as a Computer Tech at our local high school, there are many programs / websites that will do it, but generally if a student is caught purposlly trying to bypass restrictions set by the school district, they are automatically suspended for 5 days, and get there computer use privillages taken away.

So with that, I would caution you in doing so...

Based on the fact that whoever is in charge of your school systems, can see a lot more about your computer than you would think. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
I don't recommend bypassing your school's internet, as you can get in a lot of trouble. My friend got expelled last year for getting into an unprotected folder on the network and changing the electronic sign out front. Messing around with the network is risky business.

But for anonymous surfing Webghost is a good choice I use it alot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
I don't recommend bypassing your school's internet, as you can get in a lot of trouble. My friend got expelled last year for getting into an unprotected folder on the network and changing the electronic sign out front. Messing around with the network is risky business.

But for anonymous surfing Webghost is a good choice I use it alot.

Web based Proxies are also 'Most of time' blocked by the firewalls on the Layer3 Switch. Easiest way to find out is to go on Google, and type 'Web Based Proxy Servers' This search term should trigger the firewall via a Keyword.

Here is what it looks like when a student tries to access a blocked site;
When this is triggered, it logs the IP address, the NETBIOS name of the computer, and MAC address(s)

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 21

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.