Trouble with Bootcamp Asssistant Windows Updates on macbook

Reaction score
Trying to bootcamp macbook 7.1 ( Mac OS X 10.6.6)....went to bootcamp assistant and was prompted to update windows support software anmd then to save it to cd:

"To use the windows support software burn a copy to a cd or dvd or save to an external disk. Make sure a blank cd is inserted"

I insert the blank cd, click on "burn disk" and nothing happens ....when I click "continue" I'm back to the previous screen "To use the windows support software burn a copy to a cd or dvd or save to an external disk. Make sure a blank cd is inserted".....

how do I get going?! thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I ran into the exact same situation the last time I tried to do Boot Camp. At the time, I didn't have a lot of time to play with it (I was prepping the machine to sell), but reading your post, I'm starting to think that this might not have been unique to me.

Have you tried inserting a blank DVD instead?

OP
S
Reaction score
No, haven't tried that - don't think we have any blank dvds but will remember to buy some and try, then report back, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
This happened to me on the weekend. All i did was 'go back' and chose the no download option and Windows installed ok for me. Give it a try and then update once it is installed :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.