URGENT HELP NEEDED dealing with hardrive and start up

Reaction score
Okay so I erased and reformatted my hard drive used to run 10.4.11 I was trying to install 10.6 (snow). But it still is saying that I need to have at least 10.5 installed, so now I am trying to eject the disc so I can just go to the mac store and buy the 125 box set, giving up, lol. But I can eject the disc. It wants me to pick a disc to run start up off of but it wont allow me to eject it since there is no longer any other options. CRAP. I need some options of what I can do. I will prob not be back on until this evening. I just hope that someone out there has an idea of what I can do other than send it in to apple. I appreciate the help in advanced.

OE

OP
Oefootball70
Reaction score
Okay I got the disc out, now I just need to run to the mac store and buy the software I need to get up and running. I just held the eject button on start up...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm not really clear on what sort of disks you are using or what the specs are on your computer...but I can mention two things:

- You do not need OS 10.5 installed to install 10.6
- You DO need a Macintosh computer with an Intel cpu to install 10.6.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
Oefootball70
Reaction score
I guess the disc I had just didn't want to work because once I purchased the box set disc everything booted and loaded fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.