more than 10,000 photos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I am importing my photos from an external hard drive. Does the All Images folder accept it if it's more than 10,000 images? That's where I should put all my images, correct?

I ended up putting all my photos in the pictures folder. Am I correct in saying the All Images folder is where I can find all the versions of the images and are not meant for me to put my photos in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
All Images is not a real folder, per se. You don't put anything in or taking anything out of it. It's in the sidebar of Finder to give you a shortcut access to (wait for it...) all your images.
You can put your pictures in that picture folder or create a new one somewhere else or divide them up however you want. There's no correct or incorrect way to store your photos. Enjoy!

C

chas_m

"All Images" isn't a folder at al, despite the look of it. It is a search (a "saved search" actually).

Each time you click on "All Images," the computer tries to show you every image file -- from anywhere on your drive -- that it can find.

If you're putting your photos into iPhoto, remember that iPhoto will automatically store your photos in its own "vault" -- meaning that after you've imported them into iPhoto, you no longer need to keep the ones in the Pictures folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.