Record Acoustic Guitar/Vocals AT2020?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 1GB 667 MHz RAM, 2.16 Intel core duo 2, 120GB Hard Drive. Iphone 3G.
Hey guys,

Really want to get some demo tracks down of my acoustic band, and I've been doing a bit of research and decided that possibly the Audio-Technica AT2020 USB Microphone would be a pretty good choice to use with garage band. Any opinions on this idea?

Its purely to record one guitar, then over dub with vocals. I searched for a good mic that can handle both, and I was recommended this mic by a couple of sites, as well as harmony central reviews.

I'm also open to other suggestions, but I'm on a tight budget, so would prefer to keep the costs to a minimum, hence why I'm heading in the direction of the AT2020.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I'm looking for a good mic that records acoustic guitar well (the MacBook's built in mic doesn't do too good of a job with this), and the Blue Snowball Mic was looking like a really good choice. It is USB as well.

I've been looking for prices, and I've seen some for around 80 USD and up to 100 USD.

Hopefully I can get this soon so I can try it out!

Reaction score
i am also intending to do some recording ~
oh gosh~
but im just a beginner.

Reaction score
I've used all the USB mics on the market. They do an "ok" job for the money. If that's all you can afford, any of them will do. If you have the money to go more pro, Apogee Duet and a good Sennheiser e865 would be much better, but that's pro level, and costs.

I like the Samson G-Track, or AT2020 best.

Reaction score
I don't see any problem recording your tracks on garage band and then moving it over to protools for mixing and mastering. But some people down garage band...I don't know why

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.