Looking for an app

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for an app that is similar to Skype. Skype is a great app but it does have its drops in connection. And also I would like to know if anyone has a better alternative to Skype, but that is similar in features and interface.

One other thing, is the desktop sharing in Skype, which is a great feature by the way. Just when I use it for PC to iPod the quality isn't to good at all. I know it might be the resolution difference but it shouldn't be because I have used Mocha VNC lite and the quality is much much much better. And by desktop sharing or screen sharing I dont mean anything like VNC or remote assistance. Not looking to take over my own pc using my iPod or some else using my iPod. I am looking to show my desktop screen to someone that is using their iPod. So my PC screen to someone's iPod screen :)

P.S. Skype can do that, just the quality is ehhh, looking for better quality :)

Thanks for the help, it is greatly Appreciated :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Don't know of 1 app - but if you want remote control the best one I've found so far is teamviewer
TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet
They make a client for everything.

Skype does have its problems but it seems to be able to handle the widest range of bandwidth. If the people you are talking to have iPhone/iPad/iPod touchs and/or Macs you could try Facetime. I've found that Skype works better on lower bandwidth but Facetime quality is better when it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.