Google Tasks Desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"
I've used a multitude of applications for keeping up and managing tasks on my desktop. On the go, I tend to use my gTablet with Astrid. I use Astrid on my cell as well as it feels the best to me.

I would love a desktop application to use on my Mac Pro while I'm at home, similar to Astrid, to help manage and keep up with my tasks. The main reasons for this is so that I'm not managing two separate lists of tasks while at my home office and on the go.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could use and/or try? I've seen one once before that hung out in the Menu Bar, but I can't seem to find it again. That would be ideal, but an actual application would work just as well.

The main thing here is synergy, I need it to sync with my Google Tasks, so I have them here at my home office and on the go with my tablet or cell.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Free or Paid, doesn't matter to me. Just a solution to my dilemma. :Smirk:

Thanks in advance.

OP
Mike.Bowden
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"
Ok, I have found a solution that works for me.

I'll write a little tutorial on how I did it:

I purchased a copy of Fluid 1.0, $4.99 isn't much and does what I need it to.

If you have an older version, I think you want Convert to SSB instead of Pin to Menu Bar.

Open Fluid and paste the following URL.

https://mail.google.com/tasks/ig

Name it, IE: Google Tasks

I used a custom icon, instead of using Favicon, since it isn't there and doesn't work.

This is the one I used: http://cdn.chriswiegman.com/content/uploads/2010/09/icon.png

Create and launch.

If you're using 1.0, go to the menu and pin to the menu bar. Align it right under it and when clicked, it will load the window directly under the menu bar item. Below is a screen shot of mine.

Screen shot 2011-06-20 at 12.14.50 PM.PNG

Hope this helps others.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.