Printing a selected area

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Hi Guys can you help me.
I have a Canon Pixma iP5200R printer. I often need to print off just a selected area of a document or web page. I usually when on my pc laptop just highlight the area and press print to get a dialogue box where there is a little radio button to press for print selected area.
I can't find it on my iMac page setup or printer dialogue boxes. Surely it's possible on a Mac can anyone tell me how

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Apple key shift 4 (held down together) will allow you to draw around anything on screen with the curser and will take a png snapshot of it.
Printing the png should work.
I can find all sorts of options in the print dialogue box but not the one you want.
Best.

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Thanks I'll give it a try

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Alternately you can use GIMP (freeware) to select just the area you want, save it off as a separate file and then print the usual way. Photoshop and Photoshop Elements will do the same thing as well, by the way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.