Unable to delete mail messages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.5.4
I am unable to delete my mail messages.

I press delete, the messages go from REGULAR to GRAYED OUT, but they are still there. I'm now up to 287 and rising daily.

I have an iMac 10.5.8, serial.. QP918022ZE2

Any suggestions would be appreciated...I am being overwhelmed!!

e-mail [email protected]

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Heck yes, get that email address out of there! Changing it as suggested (cheers, 6string), ie removing the dots, is too easily overcome by simply putting them back in again.

Just a comment about Mail Prefs, in that the option of deleting manually is not given. It's one of the reasons I don't use Mail, but I checked an earlier version of it and it seems to want to control the In mail rather than letting the user do so.

In the meantime, use Onyx Titanium Software to repair Permissions, as I suspect the problem may be related to that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.