Ipad Mini

Reaction score
Looking in to buy a 32gb iPad mini and noticed they only do a 16gb version now. (non retina) Does anybody know if anything changed with the Mini on the last refresh apart from the colours changing slate/space grey, as Amazon have some 32gb still.
Also how are the specs on the mini is it almost ready to be outdated? I had an iPhone 4 and the became incredibly slow close to when the 5s was launched.
I will only really use it for games and Facebook etc, And when I'm traveling backing up photos via the lightening SD card reader.
I would love the retina just can't justify the cost of it with 32gb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The non-retina mini quite frankly never should have been released as it was. It was underpowered and under-specced out the gate, running on the same CPU as the iPad 2, which was released a year and half earlier (that was March 2011, 3 years ago now!). I've read mixed reports of performance with iOS 7. Some say it's fine, others say not. I definitely wouldn't count on it being able to handle iOS 8 very well when that time comes.

OP
D
Reaction score
I went with a Retina in the end anyway. Hopefully it should last a few years having the same processor as the 5s.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.