I really like my iPad, but for my use, which is sitting or
laying in bed, web browsing or reading, I wish it was a
bit smaller. Closer to the size of the Kindle and easier
to hold with one hand.

How about you ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I would love a 13"3 screen for home use love my current on but love to see a pro model.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I really like my iPad, but for my use, which is sitting or
laying in bed, web browsing or reading, I wish it was a
bit smaller. Closer to the size of the Kindle and easier
to hold with one hand.

How about you ?

Nothing is perfect! One size does not fit all (but one size can "fit" most). I'm sure the size of the iPad that Apple decided on was a combination of:

- manufacturing "doability"
- financial "doability"
- consumer feedback via focus groups & survey's

If the iPad was the size of the Kindle...then I'm sure other folks would feel that the iPad was too small.

- Nick

p.s. If you want a smaller iPad (something you can hold in one hand)...Apple already has this product...it's called the iPod Touch!;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
To add to what pigoo3 said if you need bigger then the MacBook Air should do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
For what it does it's fine, Look lets not kid ourselves size does matter. I'm sure down the road we will see other variants of the iPad, Like Badapple idea of a Pro model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I think it's the perfect size. I can hold it horizontally and I can reach the entire keyboard with my thumbs. If it were just a bit bigger then I would have to hold it in one hand and type with the other. It's also light enough for me to hold it in one hand while reading or watching a video, but then again, I'm not a scrawny man :p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
By the way (to the OP)...I'm not saying the iPad couldn't be improved.

But Apple had to decide on some sort of foot print for the iPad. If they made it smaller...maybe they thought that it would be too close to the Kindle...and therefore less "point of difference".

If Apple made the iPad bigger...then it could/would be similar in size to the 13" MacBooks & 13" MacBook Pro...and then the inevitable "laptop replacement" arguments would get even more "fuel"!;)

Also a bigger iPad would be more expensive (starting price of $499 for a product this "different" is pretty cool)!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I dunno, I can see certain uses for the the iPad with a larger screen. But for me right now a d for my current uses, it is perfect sized.

I can stuff it with most of my documents that I need on the go during my daily travels and leave my brick of a laptop on my desk, I can lay down and watch some videos on it without worrying about where, and how to place it... It's light enough that I can change it's position on the fly. Also, let's not forget a bigger screen means less battery power... And I am currently blown away by the performance of the battery.

Just my $0.02 :D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I agree with the OP in this. Not that I would change the current iPad, but I would be open to an iPad Nano, sized midway between iPad and iPod Touch.
For that matter I'd buy an iPad Pro if that was available. I guess that makes me a hopeless gadget freak. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
It's a good size for me. I wouldn't mind it being a little lighter, but not at the cost of screen space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.