Here's system info:
Machine Model: iMac G5
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 256 MB
Bus Speed: 600 MHz
I'd like to buy 10.5 (full install) but I'm not sure if my machine will handle it and if I have enough processing power or memory. Recommendations??
Thanks

p.s. Anyone have MagicJack and can you tell me of any issues with it using Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
You need to put in more RAM. I'd recommend dropping in at least 1GB. My fiancee's emac G4 1.25GHz with 512MB of memory runs leopard fine though.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks DarkestRitual, I started looking for SDRAM on eBay last night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
OP
C
Reaction score
Hi - Well I did do memory upgrade and hd upgrade. Installed OS 10.5, it works but....slower to boot, differs from OS 10.3.9 which I last used.
Regarding the "MagicJack" if any of you go to buy this and install on your computer, be sure you are using an "Intel" processor. MagicJack is only compatible with "Intel" processors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Hmm. Good to know. Glad it worked out for you. The boot time will be slower, but the OS runs very fluidly. Leopard is definitely a very different OS than panther. You missed the midway point, Tiger, which introduced a few of the many new to you features. Spotlight was added in Tiger, so you can hit command space bar to search for anything on your hard disk in real time, using file name and contents as searchable fields. That's a very handy feature. It's also incorporated into searchable menus, like if you hit command O to open in an app, and in the System prefs pane. You may recognize the search style from itunes.

Spaces is a handy one, but I can't vouch for the performance on an eMac using it, I could try and test it out at some point (or you could). It's a multiple desktop mechanism added in Leopard. You can turn it on in the system preferences panel for "spaces." Control 1-last space will take you directly into that space so you can concentrate on your workflow that you have in that screen. Also control arrow keys, but I turned them off because they annoyed me.

Exposé is nice... I dunno. Check out the feature list, and maybe check for some tutorials on the OS. I think you'll enjoy your experience. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.