transfer distribution lists - Outlook to Entourage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X
I am a very recent switcher (PC to Mac). I have not yet found a way to transfer Outlook distribution lists to Entourage. As a musician these lists are critical in announcing gigs, projects, etc. Anybody know a good (cheap) program to accomplish this?
Thanks.
Steve

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with DLs in Outlook to Address Book... as far as I've been able to tell, I will have to recreate the DLs in Address Book.

I tried going the Thunderbird route and exporting the contacts as a .ldif file, but DLs don't carry over. Forwarding the entries as vcards works until I get them in Mail -- at which point they get saved as one, single "winmail.dat" file.

Any takes on how to get those lists back [for Address Book]?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Do you want to send messages to a group, so that each person gets the message with only them in to to field, so that each recipient doesn't see every other email address in the list?

Reaction score
I've historically put the addresses in the To: field, but the Bcc: field is possible, too.

What I'm getting at is this: suppose my address book is 500 entires. Of these 500, 50 are for college graduates the same year as me. I want to email these 50 people without having to manually add fifty names every time I want to email them... I want them in a group whose name I can input either in To: or Bcc:.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you're saying now... I hadn't realized that it'd be possible to email each contact essentially "individually."

Is the group thing possible in Address Book without having to do it manually? Certainly if all 50 are "@domain.com" I can create a smart group... what if they're not? (i.e. are groups/lists exportable from Outlook in any form?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That script literally creates 50 (or how ever many is in your group) separate messages, but does it from one message.

I used to use it to send out to 200 club members, as sometimes mass BCC mailings get caught up in spam filters

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.