MacBook Pro Problem!!!!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have looked around on here and couldn't find any quick information on what is going on with my computer so figured would start a new thread...

First off, I have a 17" MacBook Pro mid 2009 model. I have a 500GB Hard Drive I put in it awhile back ago and 8GB Memory...

I was working in Photoshop and InDesign when my computer just froze up.. I turned it off and turned it back on and it took awhile for it to boot up around 10-15 mins I would guess. Once on I couldn't barely do anything and it took forever just to open up Disk Utilities, Activity Monitor, Software Update, and System Preferences..

I ran a Disk Verify and it said everything was fine. (IMG_1347)

And check Activity Monitor If this will help anyone... (Rest of images)

I'm not sure what else to check or what it could be.. So, Any Help would be very much appreciated. Tomorrow I am going to go to Best Buy to pick up a SATA to USB Adapter to pull everything off Macbook Pro Hard Drive and put on iMac.. Hoping then I can reboot everything even though just to get to that screen it is very slow..

Might also add, that when Screen Saver comes up it goes in full speed like nothing is wrong...

Thanks for any Help,
Stew

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
You verified the disk, but what about the disk permissions, also run from the Disk Utility? Also, considering you were in photoshop, I would download an app called Onyx. It will clear out cache and such from all over. If you froze, it may be that photoshop never cleared its scratch disk or let the OS reclaim it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.