Configuring a touchpad gesture to cycle through applications?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to the forums and (relatively) new to OSX in general. Truth is, I've had a 2011 Air (Lion) since this time last year but have never really got down to configuring it properly.

So the thing is still pretty clunky. I've got a few cool things working - e.g Quicksilver... but I love the touchpad gestures and was hoping I could configure a gesture to let me cycle through my open applications.

Much like cmd+tab but instead of going to the application switcher, I just want to cycle lazily until the correct window is active.

I started to use BetterTouchTool but it seems I first need to configure a keyboard shortcut to do this same action. Any ideas how I can do this???

Thanks for your time/ responses in advance. Will be very useful :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Guys, have solved my own problem. The 'move to active or next window' shortcut (found in system preferences --> keyboard) does this. NB. different to 'move to next window' which cycles windows within the same application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.